Once again volunteers are taking meals to serve Lansing Police Department employees who will be working on Easter, when many restaurants will be closed or extremely busy if they are open and our officers usually don't have much time for lunch and dinner breaks.
If you wish to donate, please email Dayle Benjamin or call at 517 881-7966 to let him know so he can cross the item off the list. Items can be dropped off at the Plumber's Hall, located at 5405 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd 48911 on Good Friday from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. There may be additional times and locations for drop-off that you can arrange with Dayle.
Lunch Needs: serving the first two shifts estimated 15 officers:
1. Donation towards the meat and cheese tray $36.00 total cost.
2. Spaghetti or other pasta salad
3. Organic bread / sandwich buns <one loaf of bread, two packages of sandwich buns>
4. Sandwich spreads
5. Veggie Tray
6. Potato Chips <plain, sour cream & onion, BBQ>
7. Fresh fruit grab-n-go, bananas, apples, grapes green and red, centimes, etc.
8. Other desserts
Beverages- 16.9 Fl. oz twist off eight packs:
2 packs of Coke
1 pack of Diet coke
2 pack of Pepsi
3 packs of Diet Pepsi
2 packs of Mt. Dew
Case of Bottled Water
Sent to Julian
Dinner Needs: serving the second, third and fouth shifts estimated 38 officers, command, Lansing Township and LCC officers, who back up our officers often.
1. Donation towards or 20 pounds of country style ribs <I have on order>
2. Three 2.9 lbs frozen bags of pre-cooked chicken wings Mesquite Grilled - Honey BBQ.
3. Spaghetti or pasta salad
4. Tossed Salad <SAM'S Spring mix lrg bag and lrg bag of Romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, etc. & dressings.
5. Mac N Cheese < equal to four pans from Gordon's or large turkey size foil pan if homemade.
6. Steak fries frozen <wider wedge with skin on> two large bags. Bottle of Ketchup.
7. Fresh Fruit grab-n-go, bananas, apples, grapes green and red, centimes, etc.
8. Cubed cheese bagged (3) various
9. Summer sausage log
10. Other desserts
1. Rolled plastic table covering <one roll green>
2. Styrofoam dessert sized plates
3. Styrofoam 2-go containers
4. Roll of foil <one>
5. Roll of plastic wrap <one>
6. Lrg-X Lrg Zip Lock bags <one box>