Dear Neighborhood Leaders,
The 28th Annual Bea Christy Community Celebration event is being held on May 20, 2015 at the Lansing Center. This year we are asking neighborhood organizations and neighborhood watch groups to complete a form that will be used to display information at tables during the event. The displays are being organized by local neighborhood centers (including South Lansing Community Development Association, NorthWest Initiative, Allen Neighborhood Center, and Neighborhood Watch). Please include photos showcasing your neighborhood with the form. The template for the form is attached.
Please send the form and pictures by May 8, to:
Kris Klein, South Lansing CDA
800 W. Barnes Ave. Lansing, MI 48910
The planning committee hopes that by streamlining the displays more organizations can participate, and that we will all have a sense of what each of our neighborhoods offer.
If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (517) 374-5700. If you are no longer the contact for your neighborhood, please reply with the proper contact information.
More information on the Bea Christy Community Celebration is available at www.facebook.com/beachristycommunitycelebration
Thank you for your help! We look forward to seeing you on May 20!
Kris Klein - Outreach and Operations
South Lansing Community Development Association
800 W. Barnes Ave.
Lansing, MI 48910
NOTE FROM MELISSA: Nomination packets can be downloaded here or on the facebook page..
LPD Easter Appreciation Meals Needs
Once again volunteers are taking meals to serve Lansing Police Department employees who will be working on Easter, when many restaurants will be closed or extremely busy if they are open and our officers usually don't have much time for lunch and dinner breaks.
If you wish to donate, please email Dayle Benjamin or call at 517 881-7966 to let him know so he can cross the item off the list. Items can be dropped off at the Plumber's Hall, located at 5405 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd 48911 on Good Friday from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. There may be additional times and locations for drop-off that you can arrange with Dayle.
Lunch Needs: serving the first two shifts estimated 15 officers:
1. Donation towards the meat and cheese tray $36.00 total cost.
2. Spaghetti or other pasta salad
3. Organic bread / sandwich buns <one loaf of bread, two packages of sandwich buns>
4. Sandwich spreads
5. Veggie Tray
6. Potato Chips <plain, sour cream & onion, BBQ>
7. Fresh fruit grab-n-go, bananas, apples, grapes green and red, centimes, etc.
8. Other desserts
Beverages- 16.9 Fl. oz twist off eight packs:
2 packs of Coke
1 pack of Diet coke
2 pack of Pepsi
3 packs of Diet Pepsi
2 packs of Mt. Dew
Case of Bottled Water
Sent to Julian
Dinner Needs: serving the second, third and fouth shifts estimated 38 officers, command, Lansing Township and LCC officers, who back up our officers often.
1. Donation towards or 20 pounds of country style ribs <I have on order>
2. Three 2.9 lbs frozen bags of pre-cooked chicken wings Mesquite Grilled - Honey BBQ.
3. Spaghetti or pasta salad
4. Tossed Salad <SAM'S Spring mix lrg bag and lrg bag of Romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, etc. & dressings.
5. Mac N Cheese < equal to four pans from Gordon's or large turkey size foil pan if homemade.
6. Steak fries frozen <wider wedge with skin on> two large bags. Bottle of Ketchup.
7. Fresh Fruit grab-n-go, bananas, apples, grapes green and red, centimes, etc.
8. Cubed cheese bagged (3) various
9. Summer sausage log
10. Other desserts
1. Rolled plastic table covering <one roll green>
2. Styrofoam dessert sized plates
3. Styrofoam 2-go containers
4. Roll of foil <one>
5. Roll of plastic wrap <one>
6. Lrg-X Lrg Zip Lock bags <one box>
Lansing - Over 4,500 Absentee ballots are scheduled to be mailed on Friday, March 27 for the Special Proposal 1 Election in the City of Lansing, according to the Lansing City Clerk Chris Swope. Thousands more ballots will be mailed over the coming weeks as absentee ballot applications are received and processed.
“With only the road funding issue on the ballot, we still are seeing strong participation for a special election,” said Lansing City Clerk Chris Swope “I encourage voters to use the absentee option if they are eligible.”
Absentee ballot applications are available at: www.lansingmi.gov/Elections. You can also visit or call the Lansing City Clerk’s Office at 517-483-4131 to have an application mailed that needs to be completed and signed. A voter may request an absent voter’s ballot for any of the following six reasons:
1. 60 years of age or older
2. Physically unable to attend the polls without assistance of another
3. Appointed precinct worker in a precinct other than the precinct where the voter lives
4. Expects to be absent from the community in which the voter is registered for the entire time the polls are open on Election Day
5. Cannot attend the polls because of the tenets of the voter’s religion, or
6. Cannot attend the polls because the voter is confined to jail awaiting arraignment or trial.
For those in the military or those citizens living outside of the United States, they have more options available to receive an absentee ballot. Military Service members, their eligible family members and citizens living abroad, such as university students studying overseas, have the ability to request absentee ballots that could be faxed or emailed to them. This Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) is both a voter registration form and an absentee ballot request application.
“If you have a family member or friend who is in the military or out of the country, please encourage them to visitFVAP.gov to submit the Federal Post Card Application,” said Lansing City Clerk Chris Swope. “The process is very easy for those who are serving our country or studying abroad to still be part of our community by voting.”
Brian P. Jackson
Chief Deputy City Clerk
City of Lansing
Fax: (517) 377-0068
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email contains information from the sender that may be CONFIDENTIAL, LEGALLY PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY or otherwise protected from disclosure. This email is intended for use only by the person or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying, distribution, printing, or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this email, is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sending party by replying in an email to the sender, delete the email from your computer system and shred any paper copies of the email you printed.
Subscribe to news
Share this news